- Great team environment
- Fantastic Northland lifestyle
- Stable employer
Top Energy has operations throughout the Far North. The Company is privately owned by a power consumer trust and employs staff in Geothermal Generation, Distribution and Transmission Lines operations.
We are seeking a Line Mechanic to install, maintain and repair electrical distribution lines and associated equipment, including the provision of emergency repairs and out of hours fault rectification.
This position reports to the Construction Supervisor and is based at our Puketona Depot.
Key areas of focus will be:
- Providing line construction services including poles and other line support structures, conductors, transformers, switches, earth banks and all associated equipment
- Maintaining and overhauling distribution lines and equipment, conducting scheduled maintenance and testing
- Network fault identification and rectification
- Providing a cable laying service, including testing and livening
- Vegetation control identification and clearing of small vegetation on or over lines as required
- Post task administration and maintenance of equipment to appropriate standards
- Participation in the after-hours roster for fault restoration
To succeed in this role, you will hold a current Practising Licence as an EWRB Registered Line Mechanic, along with a minimum of two years' industry experience as a Line Mechanic. You must hold a full NZ Driver Licence preferably including HT, be a competent HIAB Operator, an Overhead Switching Operator, and a competent EWP operator. It is essential that you hold a Chainsaw certification and have no colour blindness.
Additional skills and attributes:
- Health and Safety focus
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Team player
- Highly organised and precise
- Customer service focus
We have a Drug and Alcohol Workplace Policy. Before any offer of employment is made, the short-listed candidate(s) will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical check which will include a drug and alcohol test.